Sunday, August 28, 2011

Come together

I found a part! It's coming together. I guess I could consider this the first step for Cherry. I picked up the steel fender for $15. I found a fiberglass one for 20 and a different raw steel one for 120. I opted for this one. Cherry will become a solo bike, fingers crossed, after this winter.

I'm still kicking myself for not getting an oil tank today though. There will be more swap meets to come. My plan is to customize the Ironhead into MY bike, without chopping up the frame (Dad's condition on the deal) and without altering the stock components, the way it sits now. I'll keep all the stock shit and put it away, until future generations may want to have her restored to her original glory, years and years and years down the road.



2 comments:

  1. let me know if you decide to refinish that fender and want some help

    ReplyDelete
  2. for sure man! I need to chop it and sand it down to metal first, and figure which holes I need/don't need for mounting it first. Also - you need to text or call me asap - I believe another dinner at the burger stand is in order!

    ReplyDelete