Thursday, August 12, 2010

Do you ride?

I heard a number today, about average mileage ridden my motorcyclists. I looked it up on Kelley Blue Book.

Sportbikes - 3,000 miles per year

Tourers or sport tourers - 5,000 to 6,000 miles per year

"What the fuck?"

I don't consider myself a hardcore rider at all, a weekend warrior if anything. The bike I have now, have had for the last 2 years, has I think roughly 27,000 miles on it. Thats 13,500 miles per year. And I consider myself the average rider.

My old man, he rides atleast twice as much as I do, I figure. He just bought a sportster 1200 custom earlier this year, and it's got probably about 10,000 miles on it so far this year.

And that's with the average 40-50 hours a week at the job.

We're average people. (well maybe not the old man, he lives and breathes motorcycles).

Different stokes for different folks right?

I guess so.

1 comment: